Growth Mindset Videos:
You can learn anything: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC82Il2cjqA
Growth Mindset Video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElVUqv0v1EE
Growth Mindset:Tortoise and the Hare: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_oqghnxBmYResources
1. Teaching Ideas for Growth Mindset: https://www.youcubed.org/category/teaching-ideas/growing-mindset/
2. Resources for teaching a growth mindset: https://www.edutopia.org/article/growth-mindset-resources
3. Teaching with a Growth Mindset: https://www.mindsetkit.org/topics/teaching-growth-mindset
4. Free Stanford Growth Mindset for Math learners online course: https://lagunita.stanford.edu/courses/Education/EDUC115-S/Spring2014/about About this course:
How to Learn Math is a free self-paced class for learners of all levels of mathematics. It combines really important information on the brain and learning with new evidence on the best ways to approach and learn math effectively. Many people have had negative experiences with math, and end up disliking math or failing. This class will give learners of math the information they need to become powerful math learners, it will correct any misconceptions they have about what math is, and it will teach them about their own potential to succeed and the strategies needed to approach math effectively. If you have had past negative experiences with math this will help change your relationship to one that is positive and powerful.
The course will feature Jo and a team of undergraduates, as well as videos of math in action - in dance, juggling, snowflakes, soccer and many other applications. It is designed with a pedagogy of active engagement. The course will open in mid June and stay open indefinitely.
5. AWESOME video diary of a growth mindset speaker putting his training to the test!
"On Jan. 30th I’m giving a talk in front of hundreds of teachers in Iowa. As my intro I’m going to do a dance for them. The only problem is… I can’t dance. I’m taking a month to see how good I can get at dancing* using the Train Ugly approach to learning. I have no idea what will happen, but you get front row seats!
This page will be used as a virtual journal. I’ll post all the videos, notes, and experiments that I use on this mission. Here we go!"http://trainugly.com/dance/
6. The best resources on helping our students develop a Growth Mindset:http://larryferlazzo.edublogs.org/2012/10/13/the-best-resources-on-helping-our-students-develop-a-growth-mindset/
7. Carol Dweck: A study on praise and mindsets:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWv1VdDeoRY
Class Dojo Mindset, Ep 1: Is your brain like a muscle?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zrtHt3bBmQ
Class Dojo Mindset, Ep 2: The Magic of Mistakes: https://ideas.classdojo.com/f/growth-mindset-2
Class Dojo Mindset, Ep3. The incredible power of yet: https://ideas.classdojo.com/f/growth-mindset-3
Class Dojo Mindset, Ep 4. The mysterious world of Neurons: https://ideas.classdojo.com/f/growth-mindset-4
Class Dojo Mindset, Ep 5. Mojo puts it all together: https://ideas.classdojo.com/f/growth-mindset-5
Class Dojo Perseverance Ep 1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOaFwwLyTRo&t=3s
Class Dojo Perseverance Ep 2. https://ideas.classdojo.com/i/perseverance-the-dip-2
Class Dojo Perseverance Ep 3. https://ideas.classdojo.com/i/perseverance-the-dip-3
Class Dojo Empathy Ep 1. https://ideas.classdojo.com/i/empathy-the-maze-1
Class Dojo Empathy Ep 2. https://ideas.classdojo.com/f/empathy-the-maze-2
Class Dojo Empathy Ep 3. https://ideas.classdojo.com/i/empathy-the-maze-3